Dayton, Ohio – In the wake of a residential fire in Tipp City this past Thursday afternoon, one individual has been rendered homeless.
A swift response was made to the fire incident on Peters Road at approximately 2:30 p.m. by the combined efforts of Bethel, Vandalia, and West Milton Fire Departments.
Upon their arrival, fire crews discovered the property’s owner safely outside. They proceeded to enter the residence, encountering a blaze predominantly in the living room.
The fire has caused substantial damage to the property, estimated to be in the region of $15,000. After preliminary investigations, officials have attributed the likely cause of the fire to overloaded electric extension cords.
For safety reasons, the homeowner was taken to a nearby hospital, though thankfully no injuries were reported either from the owner or the firefighting crew on the scene.